Recent changes in North Carolina’s lien law affect many businesses, but are not widely known or understood. Hamlet & Associates, PLLC helps clients navigate the complexities involved with asserting lien claims and pursuing litigation to enforce liens. Our attorneys have experience with asserting and defending lien claims, as well as claims against Payment and Performance Bonds. Our attorneys seek efficient, effective and timely resolution of lien and bond disputes, mindful of our clients’ needs.
- Represented local municipality in successfully prosecuting claim against $8,000,000.00 performance bond claim for work on a 44,000 square foot municipal building
- Represented subcontractor in prosecuting payment bond claims against general contractor and its surety for large public construction project on military base
- Represented first tier subcontractors in litigation concerning multiple projects involving liens on real property, liens on funds and claims for breach of contract
- Recovered payment in full for first tier subcontractor on multiple projects with financially distressed owner
- Successfully assisted subcontractor in prosecuting payment bond claim on large mixed public-private project