Sarah E. Morin-Gage
Attorney at Law
tel: (910) 777-5995 | fax: (910) 399-4277
Sarah Morin-Gage earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology from the University of California, San Diego, in 2010. She then worked as a legal assistant for two years in Los Angeles prior to enrolling in New England Law | Boston. While in law school, Ms. Morin-Gage served as the Alumni Relations Editor for the New England Law Review and received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Civil Procedure and Constitutional Law. Ms. Morin-Gage also served as an Honors Judicial Intern for the Honorable Robert B. Collings at the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
After graduating magna cum laude in 2015, Ms. Morin-Gage returned to Los Angeles and worked as a law clerk at a firm handling civil rights and employment litigation before her admission to the State Bar of California.
Ms. Morin-Gage moved to Wilmington, N.C., to be near family, and shortly after joining the North Carolina State Bar, she worked at Kohut & Adams, PLLC, where she advised clients on estate planning and administration, business formation and asset protection.
Ms. Morin-Gage joined Hamlet & Associates in January 2020 and is excited live in beautiful Wilmington pursuing her passion for the law.
– New England Law | Boston, J.D., magna cum laude – 2015
– University of California, San Diego, B.S. – 2010
– North Carolina State Bar
– State Bar of California
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
– “The Transgender Eligibility Gap: How the ACA Fails to Cover Medically Necessary Treatment for Transgender Individuals and How HHS Can Fix It,” 49 NEW ENGLAND LAW REVIEW 499 (2015)
– “Practical Guide to Living Probate—A New Tool for Estate Planners,” Co-author: North Carolina 39th Annual Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Annual Meeting (2018)
– United States District Court, Central District of California
– North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Coastal Women Attorneys Chapter, Membership Chairperson 2018-Present
– North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section Member
– New Hanover County Bar Association
– New Hanover County Estate Planning Council